Friday, May 30, 2014

Working Momma?

I will be the first to admit, I do not have this working mom thing down. Today marked the end of my 11th year of teaching, and my 2nd year teaching and being a mom at the same time. It's different now being a teacher and a mom. Life is hectic and crazy as it is and throw in the home management and then a few illnesses, lack of sleep, and planning for a sub into the mix and sometimes I wonder how I haven't lost all my marbles just yet. How do all you working moms do this with such grace?

I do have to say that being a teacher in the same town we live in affords me the best working mom schedule around. I am with my boys until just minutes before I arrive at school and am able to pick them up and be home at a reasonable time so that we can spend our evenings together. But I still missed my boys just as much today as I did on the first day of school. Does this ever get any easier?

I am thankful for being "off" in the summer, although as a mom of twin toddlers, it certainly isn't "vacation." I get to pretend to be a stay at home mom and go on adventures with my boys that I can only dream about during the school year. We won't have to race around each morning to make sure that all of us are up, fed, and ready to go by 6:51am. (Crazy to remember back to when I could barely get just myself to work on time...)

One thing is for sure: working outside the home helps me appreciate the time I do have with my children, simply because I get less of it than I'd like. And in the end, my family comes first.

Some might call me a working momma. But I'd like to look at it more as a momma who works.

First Day of School 2013-2014
Last Day of School 2013-2014


No comments:

Post a Comment